AUDIO BOOKS - AS REVIEWED BY A SIMPLE TRUCK DRIVER - PLUS A DIARY OF MY TRAVELS/JOB

Friday, April 16, 2010

MY BATTLE/MY COMING VICTORY

I guess there comes a time in every ones life when there health issues get to a point you can no longer support yourself. I am afraid I have reached that point! I will be 58 on the 18th of April. in the last 6 years I have had 12 stints and a double bypass,
the last stints were on the 25th of March 2010.
If there was one thing I could share with everyone it would be, STAY HEART SMART.
That to me means start eating right at an early age, and exercise, OH YEA BIGGIE FOR SOME OF US QUIT SMOKING. When my problems started I was smoking 4 packs of cigarettes a day, I was not eating anything except fast food (I was a truck driver) the only exercise I got was hooking up and unhooking to a trailer.
For me the smoking stopped almost the same time as my first heart episode; however it was already to late almost 30 years of smoking caught up with me.
My last stint placement sent me into deep depression, through things that happened in the following 3 days (which I will not put on here).

On the Monday morning after my stint placement I awoke in a hospital, yes I was very afraid I did not remember any thing after 7 pm the night before. I know I was very aggressive (sounds better than what I really was). I was in the
behavioral hospital for 7 days.
No it was not like you see in the movies! It is a mostly a normal hospital with specialty Nurses and Tecks, my room did not have a lock I had very good meals not at all like you would expect in a regular hospital, I was monitored more than any one else because of my recent heart problem. By the second day, I felt at home (or at least as close as one can) and had made some very good friends. Depression is something that sneaks up on you; unless you know the signs. I will not pretend to know them all but, I know know how to get well now. I will write more as I progress. To go from over $4,000 a month to $0 in one week, well that was just another part of my problem. I'll blog more later.

1 comment:

  1. I also don't pretend to know what depression is or even how to cure it. I've lived with it for years but I know medicine helps alot as well as talking to people about whats on your mind.

    Bill you have alot of family that loves you and most important you have to wonderful kids who love you and they will be your helper if you allow them to.

    Remember you are loved !!!

    Jo Ann

    ReplyDelete