AUDIO BOOKS - AS REVIEWED BY A SIMPLE TRUCK DRIVER - PLUS A DIARY OF MY TRAVELS/JOB

Saturday, April 17, 2010

A whole new adventure

Moving from a 3 bedroom 2 bath home into a 20 foot camper, is (to say the least) an adventure. This camper is a salvage camper that had a fire and I am having to rebuild a lot. I would not say my new home is small, but if you want to sit down you need to back in the front door. A lot of things I thought I could not live with out, no longer matter. (no room). Should have permanent water hook up by end of May, electric is probably about the same time. My trailer is self contained, it has a fresh water tank and sewage tank, the problem is learning to live on one single 110 volt outlet.I tried to run a small (2 foot by 2 foot) refrigerator, and it burned out the compressor , the same problem makes me not use my new microwave.
As I have said before going from an income of approximately $4,000 a month income to $0 (and not being able to work) adds a still more challenging set of problems. SSI might or might not start in 90 days.
Disability, according to a new law passed in March, 2010 makes you wait 5 full months before you are even able to get anything and then it pays at the end of the 6th month. Also the new law ended all back pay for the first 5 months. Maybe the way to get SSI and disability back on their feet
is just to starve out those of use who have paid in over 40 years of SSI?

You see even if I pick up cans on the side of the road and sell them, if I get caught by SSI or SSD I lose even that, because I applied for full disability. But then SSI is a little over $600 a month, even a member of congress should be able to live off of that income. (maybe for a day if he skipped lunch). I do not know if this is true or not but I was told we give the people in Afghanistan and Bagdad more than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment