AUDIO BOOKS - AS REVIEWED BY A SIMPLE TRUCK DRIVER - PLUS A DIARY OF MY TRAVELS/JOB

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

A FRIEND IN NEED IS A FRIEND INDEED

 I retired from driving on the 25th of March 2010.  I went into see my Doctor for my annual stress test, and failed miserably.  On the 26th of March 2010 I found myself getting 4 stints put in my heart,  this now makes a total of 12 since 1999.  I was told I could not return to work before 8 July 2010,  with that news and a recent divorce, plus pay cuts, insurance premiums doubling, and miles dropping (truckers are paid by the number of miles they drive) and a few other problems I slipped into the land of deep depression.  NOT A GOOD PLACE AT ALL. 
I went through hospital stays and several medicines before I started to climb up out of that hole.  Along the way I met a man, (I already thought I knew him) who gave of his time based upon what I needed not what he needed.
  And I mean physical work, he rebuilt my camper trailer, cleared the land, leveled the spot, set the utility pole, wired my camper, fixed the roof leaks,
moved my shop building and leveled it. And still worked his regular job 10 hours a day!
All I was able to do was walk around and get in the way,  I had another artery plug off 100% on the 2 of June 2010. This one unfix able.
His only complaints were the heat, and not enough time to do what needed each day. He was helped by my sister's son J.W. who also worked and helped beyond belief.  All of this work almost everyday for 1 and 1/2 months was for free.  His wife and J.W.'s were not left out as they along with my daughter packed and moved my things to my new home--an 18 foot camper trailer, not easy, as I was living in a three bedroom 2 bath house for the past 20 plus years.  A lot of stuff I thought I could never part with is now gone (no room).  But thanks to friends (not just relatives) I have a place I can afford (free) and friends to look after me.
  The man I am writing about's name is John Allison he is married to my younger brother's daughter Jennifer.  As far as I know he has never refused to help anyone.  He is a sterling example of what a friend should be, not just a relative but a friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment