AUDIO BOOKS - AS REVIEWED BY A SIMPLE TRUCK DRIVER - PLUS A DIARY OF MY TRAVELS/JOB

Friday, January 16, 2009

BACK TO WORK

Well, I finally got a call Wednesday (1-14-09) afternoon from my dispatcher assigning me a new truck. Not brand new, it has 16,487 miles on it. My wife will take me to Seagoville, Texas to pick it up, Thursday morning.
I hate new trucks, they are always breaking down, when I cranked up, said new truck, the alternator was out and the batteries were dead. So I have been at the Freightliner shop since Thursday afternoon. The accessories still are not working, the shop says that it is because the batteries are to low so I should idle the truck all night. Well I got out of the shop at about 5 pm and am waiting for a load. I will pick-up here at the Dallas yard it is going to Roberts, La.

I was also selected for a(random computer selected) drug test, which I will get done Saturday morning. I will have no problem with the drug test.

But as you can see IF IT WAS NOT FOR BAD LUCK I WOULD HAVE NO LUCK AT ALL.

No comments:

Post a Comment