AUDIO BOOKS - AS REVIEWED BY A SIMPLE TRUCK DRIVER - PLUS A DIARY OF MY TRAVELS/JOB

Friday, January 30, 2009

PEOPLE TRUCKERS HAVE TO DEAL WITH

Last night I was unloaded by 12:30 am. My next load was Smuckers in Cincinnati, Ohio. When I got there the shipping clerk at Excel (the people who run the trailer yard for Smuckers) was not really rude but very close to it. They have signs up that say DRIVER STOP HERE she had told me to stop 10 feet past that sign so she could see up in the trailer without getting out of her chair. It was to dark to see up in my trailer so she got mad at me. GO FIGURE. I dropped my empty trailer and picked up the loaded trailer it had 42987 pounds of product on it and the landing gear was cranked way to high, when I backed under it a large chunk of ice was knocked off the front of the trailer and blocked my king pin from locking; although it appeared to be locked (this caused a high hook --when the pin is on top of the lock instead of inside it) when I made a sharp turn to scale my load I lost the trailer no damage just a lot of work to crank the landing gear up high enough to get the tractor back under it. Easy for the spotter to use his truck as it has a lift on it. So I ask him to pick it up he told me he did not have time, and went back into the office to sit by the heater. Well I finally got it cranked up and got the fifth wheel lock reset, it was 05:00 am when I left.
We have to deal whith thes type people almost every day. THERE ARE HOWEVER A LOT OF VERY HELPFUL PEOPLE WE DEAL WITH ALSO. When it is 12 degrees and snowing a little help goes an aughful long way.

No comments:

Post a Comment